Applications close: November 20th 2023
Part-Time Role 3 days per week
Flexible hours and remote working available (ideally 1-2 days per week from the office)
Office based at UTS in Haymarket close to public transport
We are seeking a new Financial Controller to support SYO through the next stage of development. This role is a central part of our Senior Leadership Team reporting to the CEO.
SYO is a youth-focused orchestral music organisation looking for someone with energy and enthusiasm to join our friendly and vibrant organisation. If you are ready to assist financial decision making, manage reporting and an external bookkeeping team, whilst guiding the SYO team, this is the job for you!
Over the past 50-years SYO has become the leader in orchestral training in NSW. With a program of over 100 events and concerts per year, and an exciting annual education program for over 660 young musicians, we are now at an exciting time in the company’s evolution.
With a new rehearsal venue and office at Haymarket Creative and using Xero, Salesforce CRM, Learning Management System, to support hundreds of keen musicians. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of Australia’s best young musicians.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Annual and Monthly Management and Board Reporting
- Business Analysis
- Strategic and Financial Planning
- Management of External Bookkeeping Team
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field, a
- minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior finance role,
- strong knowledge of financial management principles and practices,
- experience in budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis including competency in Excel, Word, Xero, DEXT and other financial and human resources packages,
- proven ability to manage a bookkeeping team, board reporting and strategic financial planning
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- a clear NSW Working with Children Check
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector or Arts
- Experience using Salesforce
- Managing external Bookkeeping Services
- Proven ability to work with different stakeholders
For enquiries about the position please email [email protected]
Salary Bracket: $110,000 to $130,000 depending on experience.
For more about what we do:
www.syo.com.au | www.thesyo.com.au
SYO Vision: SYO is the pathway for young people to connect, create and champion orchestral music.
SYO Values: Collaborate| Celebrate| Challenge | Excellence |Invest
Please note: VISA sponsorship is NOT available for this role.