Access leading HSC music educators to gain feedback, tips and practical advice in preparation for HSC Music exams and assessments.
DATE Monday 5 – Friday 9 July 2021
TIME 10:00am – 2:00pm
LOCATION Santa Sabina College, Strathfield OR SYOnline Digital Platform
Presented by three of the most experienced music educators and regular HSC markers in NSW, the SYO HSC Winter School is specially designed to assist students in Years 10, 11 & 12 to prepare for HSC Music 2 & Music Extension practical and written examinations in a supportive and engaging environment amongst a collaborative team of likeminded students.
RECOMMENDED FOR: All Year 11 & 12 HSC Music 2/Extension students as well as Year 10 students preparing for HSC Music 2/Extension.
Participants will receive the following under the guidance of our team of expert teachers:
- Advice on written examinations including workshops on past papers, aural transcription and essay writing;
- Practical tips on HSC Music 2/Extension performance examinations, with the opportunity for students to choose to perform for peers unaccompanied or with leading accompanist Josephine Allan (Sydney Philharmonia Choirs, Sydney Symphony Orchestra);
- Key insights on HSC Music 2/Extension composition assessments, with the opportunity for students to choose to have a one-on-one consultation with an experienced HSC senior marker;
- Expert guidance on maintaining healthy studying, practice and social habits to stay focused and in control of the demands of the HSC and HSC Music;
- Online and printed resources available to build on skills and information gained at HSC Winter School to continue to excel in classwork, written and practical examinations;
- The opportunity to receive an original customised rehearsal track created by leading accompanist Josephine Allan (Sydney Philharmonia Choirs, Sydney Symphony Orchestra).
Full details, teacher information and costs available online here