Musician’s health and safety is very important at SYO, and we have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation.
Please note that due to the nature of the situation, advice may change at short notice! This page was last updated on March 16, 2020
ALL TERM 1 ACTIVITIES SUSPENDED!
IMPORTANT NOTICE (MARCH 16, 2020): In line with the latest recommendations from NSW Health for schools and educational institutions, SYO have made the difficult decision to suspend all activities until further notice. This includes all weekly rehearsals (Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday) and concerts until the beginning of term 2. More information and updates will be sent in due course.
NSW Health Advice on Coronavirus: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/coronavirus.aspx
GENERAL HEALTH ADVICE TO STAY SAFE FROM COVID-19:
To minimise your risk of exposure:
- Practise social distancing;
- Stay home and avoid contact with other people if you are unwell;
- Practise good hygiene to protect yourself against infections. Good hygiene includes:
– washing your hands often with soap and water;
– using a tissue and covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze;
– avoiding close contact with others, particularly if they are unwell.
- Monitor your health closely. If you develop symptoms (fever, a cough, sore throat, tiredness or shortness of breath), arrange to see a doctor for an urgent assessment. Please call your doctor or the Coronavirus Information Line 1800 020 080
- If you are unwell, isolate yourself to prevent spreading any condition to other people;
- Follow the advice of local authorities;
- You don’t need to wear a face mask if you’re well. Surgical masks in the community are only helpful in preventing people who are infected with Coronavirus from spreading it to others.
02 9251 2422