In addition to being a part of the SYO community, there are a multitude of additional benefits from SYO’s partners.
- University Bonus Points – a direct recognition of the participation for tertiary students within the SYO program
- SYO Alumni – as an alumni, you gain recognition of having participated in a nationally and internationally program that has been the foundations for thousands of musicians who perform both in Australia and around the world
- Ticket offers – being an SYO musician you will be eligible for discounted tickets to our SYO concerts. And there are often ticket offerings from our arts companies available throughout the year
- Participation in some of Sydney’s elite events such as The Big Busk or performances at events such as NRL & AFL games or Carols in the Domain. The opportunity to perform at some corporate commercial events which can assist in off-setting your contribution fees, but also a great training ground as a future professional musician.
- Access to masterclasses and special projects with leading professional musicians
- Professional development opportunities including work placement, commercial performance opportunities and industry pathways
- Fee Offset – Paid internship opportunity to gain operational, administrative, education and/or performance experience while working to offset program cost (available only to musicians of The Sydney Youth Orchestra)
- Access to the educational digital subscription to Limelight Magazine
- Access to wellness seminars and resources (students & parents) via our partners at Northside Group
- Discounted movie tickets via our partners at Dendy Cinemas