Head of Operations
Applications now open.
We are seeking a dynamic individual who is ready to lead a fantastic team as the Head of Operations at SYO. The role is a central part of our Senior Leadership Team reporting to the CEO.
SYO is a youth-focused orchestral music organisation looking for someone with energy and enthusiasm to join our friendly and vibrant organisation. If you are ready to lead a team and deliver a portfolio of exciting events, whilst surrounded by incredible music, this is the job for you!
Over the past 50 years SYO has become the leader in orchestral training in NSW. With a program of over 100 events and concerts per year and an exciting annual education program for over 660 young musicians, we are now at an exciting time in the company’s evolution as we celebrate our birthday year.
With a new rehearsal venue in Haymarket, Salesforce CRM, a Learning Management System, hundreds of keen musicians and parents, tours across NSW and Gala Concerts at Sydney Opera House. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of Australia’s best young musicians, deliver concerts in fantastic venues, connect with professional musicians and conductors explore new ways of delivering orchestral training and orchestral music and tour internationally.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Lead the SYO Orchestral Operations Team.
- Deliver an exciting program of events and activities
- Use the best technology and systems solutions to remove barriers to participation for young musicians
- Be part of the Senior Leadership team driving the next stage of SYO’s evolution
Join a dedicated team in a fun, flexible and collaborative working environment with the opportunity to really make your mark.
If you think that this sounds like the right job for you, please send a cover letter stating why you are the right person for this position at SYO.
For enquiries about the position please email [email protected].
Salary Bracket: $85,000 to $98,000 depending on experience.
SYO Vision: SYO is the pathway for young people to connect, create and champion orchestral music.
SYO Values: Collaborate| Celebrate| Challenge | Excellence | Invest
Please note: VISA sponsorship is NOT available for this role.
- 3-5 Years experience in a similar role in a school, educational institution, arts organisation, festival, or similar fast paced environment.
- Experience managing a team of both full time and casual staff
- Experience monitoring budgets and payroll
- A passion for music and working with young people
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience with computer software / systems and ability to quickly learn new systems including but not limited to Salesforce CRM, Asana, FormAssembly (online form building), Learning Management Systems, Zoom
- A current NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Degree qualifications (or equivalent) in Music and/or Music Education, or equivalent professional experience
- Full (Unrestricted) NSW Driver's License
- Ability to work independently and as part of a Management team
- Experience managing orchestral rehearsals and performances
- Proven ability to work with different stakeholders
If you think that this sounds like the right job for you, please send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and explaining why you are the right person for this position at SYO.
For enquiries about the position please email [email protected]
Click the link below to download the Job Description: