Fees & Payments
Sydney Youth Orchestras is a not of profit organisation. Student fees comprise only 35% of the full cost of the SYO Annual Training Program. The balance is funded through the generous support we receive from the NSW Government, donors, and our corporate sponsors. For those young musicians who are invited to take a place in one of our orchestras, their cost of participation is less than $10 per hour. All fees are non-refundable.
Every new applicant and existing SYO musician must audition. A non-refundable audition fee is payable with your application
NEW MUSICIANS $60
Current SYO MUSICIANS $50
2017 Participation Fees
Arrangements for the payment of the 2017 participation fees are required upon accepting a place in Sydney Youth Orchestras and must be in place before rehearsals commence. There are a number of payment options available including our pay by instalment option which has been designed to help ease the financial pressure on families by spreading out the payment of fees over 10 monthly instalments.
- Participation (rehearsals, tutorials, performances) - $1,160
- All members (excluding Australian Tango Academy)
- Australian Tango Academy - $395
- As this is a project based ensemble, no further discounts apply
- Symphonic Orchestral Program Camp - $265
- WSYO, SWO, PSO, SYOP
- SYO Strings Program Camp - $195
- Stages 1, 2, 3 & 4 SYO Strings Program
- Second orchestra fee - $350
- Musicians participating in a second orchestra
- Regional tour fee - $460
- SWO, PSO & SYOP will participate in a regional tour in 2017. This cost will be invoiced separately at least 6 weeks before departure.
- Early bird discount - $50
- Full fees paid by 3 January 2017
- Sibling discount (per musician) - $100
- At least two family members participating in 2017
- Tertiary discount - $225
- Studying at a tertiary level in 2017
- Opportunity scholarship applicants will be notified by email if they have been successful in receiving a reduced participation fee in 2017. This amount will be reflected on their acceptance form.
Please note that all fees are non-refundable.
Participation Fee Options
Two links are provided in your '2017 SYO Audition Result' email to 2017 enrolment forms which must be completed in full before rehearsals commence - one link will only accept payment in full by credit or debit card online, the second link is provided for musicians interested in paying by other means (cash, cheque, EFT, instalments). Please contact SYO on email@example.com if the payment amount on your form is incorrect.
Fees paid in full online (credit or debit card)
Accessed via the enrolment link to pay in full.
Fees paid in full by other means (cash, cheque, EFT)
Accessed via the enrolment link to pay by other means. Choose your preferred method of payment on submission of the enrolment form and SYO will contact you to finalise the 2017 participation fee.
Fees paid automatically over 10 monthly instalments
Accessed via the enrolment link to pay by other means. Families have the option to pay the fees over 10 months by automatic direct debit or credit card payment. Please note that there will be a small administration fee of 4% for this option and payments will be processed via Westpac’s PayWay.