There is nothing like live music to lift an event and turn it into a memorable occasion for your guests
Sydney Youth Orchestras offers various combinations of musicians who are able to perform a broad range of repertoire and provide high quality live classical music. We can arrange for anything from a full symphony orchestra, a smaller chamber orchestra, a string orchestra, a symphonic wind orchestra, a brass ensemble, wind quintet, string quartet or a single musician. We provide music for weddings, corporate events, parties, concerts, and recording sessions for CD, TV and film throughout New South Wales, as well as commercial performances requiring orchestral accompaniment. Our musicians are some of the best young classical musicians in Sydney, and regularly feature in prominent events such as Carols in the Domain, Vivid, Australia Day celebrations, festivals around Sydney and other commercial events and concerts. These are talented players, who bring a fresh, vibrant, and professional approach to performing.
Standard Performance Fees (performance locations must be within 0-30 mins travel time from CBD):
|ENSEMBLE TYPE||2 hours (minimum hire)|
|SOLOIST||$250 + GST|
|DUO||$500 + GST|
|TRIO||$750 + GST|
|STRING QUARTET (two violins, viola, cello)||$1,000 + GST|
|WIND QUINTET (flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon, french horn)||$1,100 + GST|
|CHAMBER ORCHESTRA (20 musicians + conductor)||$6,000 + GST|
|SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA||Negotiated based on size, location, repertoire and event type|
* 3-or-more hours hire available upon request **Specific repertoire requests, especially those requiring additional rehearsals, may incur an extra fee. *** Please note these prices are for corporate events, weddings & private events only. Concerts, recordings, artist collaborations, rehearsals & TV appearance prices will vary.
- Full performance fee paid in advance (can be invoiced from SYO)
- One chair per musician without arm rests
- Storage space for musicians’ instrument cases & belongings during performance
- Adequate reading light and performance space
- Shelter from direct sunlight or rain is required. This may mean finding a location that has shade, e.g. shade from trees, a veranda close to the ceremony or a gazebo.
MORE INFORMATION OR HOW TO BOOK: Please phone 02 9251 2422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
EXTRA BOOKING INFORMATION: We recommend making wedding ceremony bookings for 1.25 – 1.5 hours, so that music can be performed as your guests arrive. There is no guarantee that the musicians will be able to stay for unexpected overtime. Amplification is not usually required unless you have over 130 guests (this is not provided by SYO). Musicians are expected to arrive approx. 10-15 minutes prior to the start of scheduled event.